King Crab Pieces
The very same King Crab as our by-the-pound selections.
In the sorting process we end up with lots of broken pieces of Red King Crab. Mostly large knuckles and broken pieces, tips etc. from our Colossal and Captains Select Legs. Broken pieces include shell. Perfect for chowders, crab cocktails, crab dips, etc. Use your imagination - ideal for a big crab feed!!Will contain SOME tips, knuckles and broken portions of leg. .
- King Crab Pieces
- 3 lb. bag$159.95 ea.
9lb. box$449.50 ea.
Sensational Holiday King Crab Dip
- 8-10 ozs. king crab meat
- 2-4 ozs smoked salmon meat
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 2 ounces mayonnaise
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 green onion ..finely chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- A couple of dashes of Worcestershire
- A couple of dashes of Tabasco
- 2 Tbs. White Wine
- Put the frozen king crab in a small pot of boiling water to which you have added 1/4 cup of sugar. Turn off the heat source once you add the crab shoulders. Remove crab after 15 minutes. Once cooled, removed all the meat and put in large bowl.
- Take the smoked salmon and remove all the meat...be sure to watch for bones and remove. Add to bowl. (It is best to just pull apart the crab and smoked salmon ...don't chop it up
- Add all the rest of the ingredients..season to taste. Make this dip a couple hours ahead of time (or the night before) and chill. Serve with crackers...or better yet wih toasted french bread squares.
- Seafood Consumer Information
Thanks for visiting!
Your host, owner, and fishing expert
Great Alaska Seafood
Visit us, or write to:
Peninsula Processing & Smokehouse
720 Kalifornsky Beach Road
Soldotna, Alaska, 99669
Local Phone: 907-262-8846