Alaskan Ling Cod Fillets
Wild caught, hand-cut. Mild, moist and flaky.
- Skinless & Boneless Fillets
10 lbs. Skinless & Boneless Fillets
Perfect for fish 'n chips! Fresh-caught flavor, firm texture, snow white color. A great choice for a healthy diet. Low in calories.
These fillets are gorgeous, fresh and firm, and we have vacuum packed these in small hand cut portions, (5 - 8 ounces each).
Classic Fish 'n Chips
- Vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 pound ling cod fillets (about 3/4 inch thick), cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 1-pound russet potato, peeled, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- Malt vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Pour enough oil into heavy large skillet to reach depth of 1/2 inch. Heat oil over high heat until thermometer registers 360ºF.
- Meanwhile, whisk flour and 1/2 cup water in medium bowl until smooth batter forms. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add fish to batter and stir to coat.
- Add potato to skillet; fry until golden brown and crisp, stirring often, about 7 minutes. Using tongs, transfer potato to paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add fish to skillet; fry until coating is golden and crisp and fish is just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with vinegar.
Your host, owner, and fishing expert