Spicy Sesame Crusted Alaska Halibut
Very easy, and very quick to make. An excellent work-night meal. From Great Alaska Seafood
||From the recipe files of Alaska Tim
Not too spicy... add more sesame seeds if you like.
Seafood Ingredient: Halibut Fillets
Buy Wild Alaska Halibut on our Halibut Page
- 1 1/2 lbs. Halibut Fillets cut into 6 serving pieces
- to taste Salt fine chop or minced
- 1 Egg White, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Lemon, cut into wedges
- Season fillets with salt to taste. Brush meat side, not skin side, with egg white. Spread sesame seeds on plate. Gently press each fillet meat side down into sesame seeds to coat.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over low heat, being careful not to brown butter. Place fillets sesame side down in pan, and cook until slightly golden on bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn each halibut fillet skin side down, cover, and cook over low heat until fish flakes easily when tested with fork, 4 to 5 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of halibut. Do not overcook or halibut will be dry.
- Garnish with lemon wedge.