Series: Seared Yellow-Fin Ahi Tuna
Marinated Seared Ahi (Tuna)
A gourmet recipe with Sashimi-Ready Yellow-Fin Tuna from Great Alaska Seafood
|From the recipe files of |
Notes of soy and ginger in the marinade give the tuna an Asian flair
Seafood Ingredient: Yellow-Fin Ahi Tuna
Buy Sashimi-Ready Yellow-Fin Tuna on our Sashimi-Ready Yellow-Fin Tuna Page
- 1 Saku Block Yellow-Fin Ahi Tuna
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1 Tbsp minced garlic)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (reserve a few slices for garnish)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Coat the tuna with marinade.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, remove from marinade and sear each side for 30 to 45 seconds per side.
- Remove from pan and slice into 1/4 inch to 1/2 slices.
- Garnish with green onion.
- Serve plain, with white rice, or over lettuce.