Alaskan Halibut Lasagna Recipe
A healthy and tasty variation on lasagna, made with wild Alaska halibut, from Great Alaska Seafood
||From the recipe files of Alaska Tim
Alaska's best tasting fish with a touch of white wine
Seafood Ingredient: Halibut Fillets
Buy Wild Alaska Halibut on our Halibut Page
- 1.5 lbs. Halibut Fillets cut in 1 inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons Butter or Margarine, divided
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoons dried Thyme
- 1/3 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 8 oz Lasagna Noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded Swiss Cheese (8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add halibut, garlic and thyme. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet. Stir in flour and salt until smooth; cook and stir until golden brown. Gradually add broth and cream. Bring to a boil cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish, layer half of the noodles, halibut, white sauce and cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Then uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.