Cilantro Ginger Halibut Recipe
Use the cilantro-ginger sauce as both a marinade and a serving sauce. From Great Alaska Seafood
||From the recipe files of Alaska Tim
Try this in a salad or in tacos.
Seafood Ingredient: Halibut Fillets
Buy Wild Alaska Halibut on our Halibut Page
- 1 1/2 lbs. Halibut Fillets cut into 4 serving pieces
- 1/2 Small Jalapeño Pepper
- 1 one-inch piece Ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- rind of 3 Tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed (2 limes)
- juice of 1 cup loosely packed Cilantro Leaves
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoonsOlive Oil
- sprinkle Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine garlic, jalapeño pepper, ginger, lime juice, and cilantro in the jar of a blender. Cover blender, and remove the stopper. Turn on blender, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Process until mixture is bright green and smooth. Season cilantro sauce to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Season both sides of fillets with salt and black pepper. Brush the top of each fillet with 1 tablespoon cilantro sauce.
- Fill a large high-sided skillet with 1 inch water. Set over high heat, and bring to a boil. Set a steamer basket in the skillet, and arrange fillets in basket. Cover, and steam until fish has just cooked through but is still moist, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove fish from steamer, drizzle with additional cilantro sauce, and serve.