Grilled Alaska Halibut with Citrus, Watercress and Olives
The molasses helps brown the fish without overcooking it... without adding any sweetness taste.
||From the recipe files of Williams-Sonoma Inc
With a ginger and molasses marinade
Seafood Ingredient: Halibut Fillets
Buy Wild Alaska Halibut on our Halibut Page
- 4 Halibut Steaks or Fillets
- 3 tablespoons Light Molasses or similar white wine
- 1 cup chardonnay or similar white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch stemmed watercress
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives
- Combine wine, ginger and molasses, whip together. Pour over halibut in glass baking dish and turn to coat several times for 20 minutes. of fish.
- Remove halibut, pat dry, brush with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place halibut fillets on medium-hot grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Take leftover marinade, add the olives and cook it over a medium heat for 3 minutes. Take orange and lemon wedges and grill for 3 minutes. Place wedges on plate with halibut, pour marinade/olive mixture over top, garnish with watercress.