(adapted from Diane Morgan at Cookstr.com}
- 1/2 lb. Abalone
- 1.5 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp. horseradish
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1. In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, horseradish, and lime juice to make a cocktail sauce. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Whisk eggs and milk together in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Dip abalone steaks in egg, then place in the bag with the crumbs and shake to coat.
- 3. Fry coated abalone for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. Place on platter, and garnish with lime slices and parsley. Serve with the cocktail sauce for dipping.