Sesame Seared Ahi Tuna
- 2 Ahi Tuna portions
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion (scallion) thinly sliced (a few slices reserved for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and coat the tuna with the marinade, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high to high heat. When the pan is hot, remove the tuna steaks from the marinade and sear them for a minute to a minute and a half on each side.
- Remove from pan and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Sprinkle with a few green onion slices.