Prime Red Sockeye Salmon Steaks
These sockeyes are big, fat and prime - as good as it gets.
Our local Cook Inlet sockeye salmon are caught at the very peak of their lifecycle. Each steak is the perfect size for a meal, running 6 - 10 ounces.
The bone-in adds tremendous flavor you will only get with wild sockeye salmon. Loaded with flavor and rich in heart-healthy Omega 3 oils.
|Customers who bought this item also shopped for:|
Coho Salmon Steaks
King Salmon Steaks
Alaska Tim's Gourmet Spice Collection
- Prime Red Sockeye Salmon Steaks
- Fresh flash frozen, vacuum packed.$21.95 lb.
MADE TO ORDER - CALL TO ORDER
Sockeye Salmon Steaks With Mustard and Dill(adapted from Craig Claiborne of The New York Times, NY}
- 6 Sockeye Salmon steaks
- 5 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 4 large bay leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 cup corn, peanut or vegetable oil
- Dill, for garnishing
- Pat the fish with paper towels and set aside in a dish.
- Combine the mustard, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne, salt and crumbled bay leaves in a mixing bowl and blend. Pour this sauce over the fish steaks to coat thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and add the fish steaks. The fish may have to be cooked in two or more steps, depending on the size of the skillet. Cook about two-and-one-half minutes on one side and turn the steaks. Partly cover and cook about two-and-one-half minutes on the second side. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish pieces.
- Garnish with dill and serve.
Your host, owner, and fishing expert