Alaska Seafood Recipes - Mahimahi Macadamia Nut Sauté
Seafood Ingredient: Mahi Mahi
Buy Seafood - Mahi Mahi
Printer friendly version of this
Mahimahi Macadamia Nut Sauté with Tropical Fruit Salad
compliments of Mama’s Fish House Restaurant and InnMaui, Hawaii
• Mahimahi fillets 5 to 6 oz.
• Kosher Salt
• Fresh cracked black pepper
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• Egg wash (one lightly beated egg mixedwith 1/2 cup milk)
• 2 tablespoon salted butter
• 1 tablespoon fresh American parsley, chopped
• 4 oz. white wine
• 2-4 tablespoons roasted macadamia nuts
• 1/2 of a fresh lemon
• 1 ripe papaya, seeded and cut into half
• 1 cup mango, peeled and medium diced
• 1 cup pineapple, peeled and medium diced
• 6 lychees peeled, seeded and chopped
• 2 tablespoons Maui onion small diced
• 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
• Hawaiian alea salt to taste
• Fresh lemon or lime juice
To Prepare the Papaya Bowl and Fruit Salsa:
Cut papaya in half and take out seeds with spoon, season each papaya half with Hawaiian saltand freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice then set aside.
Next mix all the other fruit andremaining ingredients in a bowl, season with Hawaiian salt and fresh lemon or lime to taste. Put fruit salad in the
papaya bowl and chill, until ready to serve.
To Prepare the Mahimahi Fillets:
Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Dip fish in egg wash then dust in flour. Heat sauté
panwith olive oil at medium heat. When pan gets hot, place fillets in and brown one side (1-2minutes) and turn over and brown other side (additionally
1-2 minutes), depending on thicknessof fillets cooking time will vary, but do not over cook the fish. Next add the butter to the pan,parsley,
macadamia nuts, lemon and wine. Shake the pan to incorperate the sauce. Reduce to a nice sauce consistency then remove from heat.