Halibut Stir Fry with Asparagus
This Halibut entree is ready in less than a half hour, healthy and tasty, from Great Alaska Seafood
||From the recipe files of Alaska Tim
Halibut, Asparagus and other veggies... what could be healthier?
Seafood Ingredient: Halibut Fillets
Buy Wild Alaska Halibut on our Halibut Page
- 1 lb. Halibut Fillets cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen Asparagus Cuts, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Root finely chopped
- 1 can (4 oz) sliced Mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium Tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Season halibut with salt to taste. Brush meat side, not skin side, with egg white. Spread sesame seeds on plate. Gently press each fillet meat side down into sesame seeds to coat.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over low heat, being careful not to brown butter. Place fillets sesame side down in pan, and cook until slightly golden on bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn each fillet skin side down, cover, and cook over low heat until fish flakes easily when tested with fork, 4 to 5 minutes. (Note: Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of fish. Do not overcook or fish will be dry.)
- Garnish with lemon wedge.