Series: Halibut Cheeks
Sautéed Halibut Cheeks with Lemon Fettuccine
A gourmet recipe with Wild Alaska Halibut Cheeks from Great Alaska Seafood
|From the recipe files of |
Halibut cheeks and pasta with lemon - what's not to love?
Seafood Ingredient: Fresh Alaska Halibut
Buy Alaskan Gourmet Halibut Cheeks on our Fresh Alaska Halibut Page
- 1 lb. thawed halibut cheeks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp fresh-grated lemon rind
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1 Tbsp minced garlic)
- 6 cups hot cooked fettuccine (12 oz uncooked)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Cut large cheeks into quarters, if necessary.
- Prepare fettuccine.
- Combine flour, salt, and cracked pepper in a large zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Add halibut cheeks to bag, seal, then shake to coat.
- Heat oil and margarine in a large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add coated halibut cheeks and cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove halibut cheeks from pan and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium, then add wine, lemon rind, lemon juice, and garlic. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and combine with pasta, tossing gently to coat.
- Add halibut cheeks and stir gently.
- Serve on large plates and sprinkle with parmesan cheese; garnish with parsley and serve with garlic bread.