We cook our Lobster Claws right along with our King Crab Legs. We even add some Wild Shrimp and Scallops. From Great Alaska Seafood
||From the recipe files of Alaska Tim
Makes A Perfect Unique, Healthy Meal !!
Seafood Ingredient: Alaska King Crab, Scallops, Shrimp, Lobster Claws, Clams, Mussels
Shop for Lobster Claws on our Lobster Page
- 8 cups 8 cups fish stock or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lbs Lobster claws
- 4 lbs Alaska King Crab
- 2 lbs Large Shrimp, shelled and deveined (You can substitute Scampi or Prawns)
- 2 lbs Scallops
- 1 lb Littleneck Clams
- 1 lb Mussels
- 8 Chicken Thighs,, skinless, boneless
- 3 Chorizo Sausages, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 Bell Peppers, preferably 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange, cut lengthwise into 1-inch strips
- 6 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Saffron Threads
- 4 cups Medium-grain Spanish rice, such as Valencia, or arborio rice (18 ounces)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Makes 8 servings.
- Light a grill. In a medium saucepan, cover the stock and bring to a simmer on the grill. Set aside, covered.
- Set a paella pan or a very large skillet over the hot fire and add the olive oil. Add the chicken thighs and season with salt and pepper. Add the chorizo and cook until the chicken and sausage are lightly browned on both sides, about 6 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the onions, peppers and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until all the vegetables are softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the warm stock, crumble in the saffron and add a large pinch of salt. Add the chicken thighs and chorizo. Cover the grill and cook until the stock has reduced to 2 cups, about 12 minutes.
- Arrange the lobster claws, king crab, shrimp, clams and mussels in the rice, cover the grill and simmer until the chicken, shrimp and lobster are cooked through and the clams and mussels are open, about 12-15 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.