Series: Halibut Cheeks
Halibut Cheeks with Orange-Ginger Sauce
A gourmet recipe with Wild Alaska Halibut Cheeks from Great Alaska Seafood
|From the recipe files of |
Serve this quick halibut cheeks recipe with rice and snow peas or asparagus.
Seafood Ingredient: Fresh Alaska Halibut
Buy Alaskan Gourmet Halibut Cheeks on our Fresh Alaska Halibut Page
- 4 (3 oz.) halibut cheeks
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp minced, fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1 Tbsp minced garlic)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Whisk the orange juice, cilantro, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the halibut cheeks until golden brown on each side, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Pour the orange juice mixture into the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the halibut flakes easily with a fork and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Remove the halibut cheeks to a plate and drizzle with orange sauce to serve.