Dipping Sauces for Alaskan King Crab
Try these dips for our Alaskan King Crab: Rouille Sauce, Basil-Mint Pesto Sauce, and Mediterranean Dip from Great Alaska Seafood
|From the recipe files of |
Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
Melted butter is nice, but try something different with these sauces.
Seafood Ingredient: King Crab Legs, Claws and Pieces from Great Alaska Seafood (these come pre-cooked)
- 1/3 cup bottled roasted red peppers
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine peppers and garlic in food processor and process until well minced. Pulse in remaining ingredients until well combined.
Basil-Mint Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tablespoons toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine basil, mint, oil, walnuts, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor; puree until smooth. Add Parmesan and pulse until well combined.
Variation:For a creamier sauce, combine 1/4 cup Basil-Mint Pesto sauce with 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise.
- 1 jar (6.5 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (dehydrated or drained), chopped
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives OR 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
- Blend artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and chives in bowl.
Variation: Bake at 350º F until bubbly.
Need help? Click below.