Series: Yellow-Fin Ahi Tuna
Ahi Sashimi on Ginger Cucumber Salad and Hass Avocado with Spicy Soy Vinaigrette
A gourmet recipe with Sashimi-Ready Yellowfin Tuna from Great Alaska Seafood
30 minutes (for jalapenos)
|From the recipe files of |
Compliment the perfect sashimi with light flavors of cucumber contrasted with spicy soy vinaigrette and jalapenos.
Seafood Ingredient: Saku Block Sashimi-Ready Yellowfin Tuna (Ahi)
Buy Sashimi-Ready Yellowfin Tuna (Ahi) on our Sashimi-Ready Yellowfin Tuna Page
- 1 Saku block Yellowfin Ahi Tuna, defrosted
- 16 cilantro leaves
- 1 Roma tomato, finely diced
- 1 package of daikon sprouts (optional)
- 1 piece of daikon root, julienned
- black sesame seeds (optional)
- 8 oz hot house cucumber, thinly sliced & seeds removed
- 1 oz scallion, julienned
- 1/2 oz pickled ginger, julienned
- 16 pieces jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 oz. ginger root, peeled & chopped
- 1 oz chili garlic sauce
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 c rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1 c canola oil (or other oil of your choice)
- Rinse and blot the tuna.
- Slice tuna very thin and set aside.
- For Cucumber Salad: Peel the cucumber, remove the seed and slice thinly. Combine all the ingredients and let marinate for 1 hour.
- For Jalapenos: Slice jalapenos approximately 1/4 of an inch thick and set aside. Bring water and sugar to a boil. Add jalapenos and bring back to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- For Vinaigrette: Combine shallot, ginger root, chili garlic sauce, 3 tsp sugar, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and oil. Strain ingredients through a fine mesh strainer prior to dressing plate.
- Plating: Arrange on plate and place the cucumber salad on top of the fanned avocado. Place tuna on top of the cucumber salad. Garnish the plate with cilantro leaves, roma tomato, daikon sprouts, jalapenos, black sesame seeds. Dress lightly.